Sustainable Development, Environment and Water Management
Modulation of the Samson Dam and Sediment Management
This project focuses on sediment transport through optimizing the management of the gate opening on the Samson Dam which is located on the Saint-Charles River. The purpose was to collect massive data on the quantity and quality of the water and sediments and use them to develop hydraulic and hydro-sedimentary modulation and research projects. The analysis of the data collected will help document the studied environment according to the tides and uses as well as foster the development of knowledge regarding the behavior of rivers and provide privileged access to waterways.
- Providing privileged access to waterways.
- Fostering development of aquatic flora, fauna and life in urban areas.
- Documenting the studied environment (water/sediments/operations) according to the tides and uses.
- Learning from the behavior of rivers in urban areas - engineering consulting.
- Stimulating the development of knowledge regarding the behavior of the river.
- Modeling the transport of sediments.