Smart Transportation and Inclusive Mobility
Maximizing Smart Mobility Management
The Intelligent Mobility Management Center (CGMI) of Quebec City moved to a larger room and reallocated its office space. The first part of UMRsu's mandate was to provide recommendations for the layout of the new control room taking into account the ergonomics of users (operators). The second part was to help them capture their procedures related to the control room activities. Exploration has also been initiated for a tool aimed at helping the management of procedures, training and knowledge transfer.
- Proposing a workspace layout that is conducive to collaboration and efficiency.
- Ensuring a quick and easy knowledge transfer process for new controllers attending training sessions.
- Ensuring traffic fluidity with a layout that allows controllers to work effectively.
- Reducing additional costs related to congestion.
- Improving training and knowledge transfer processes.
- Suggesting space layout conducive to collaboration and work in an arterial management context.