Urban Security and Living Together
Terrestrial autonomous vehicles can be very useful for real-time surveillance and intelligent protection of a city’s essential infrastructures like manufacturing sector factories and power plants (electric, wind, nuclear, etc.). This project will study the use of a robot fleet as a real-time surveillance system of an infrastructure state, feasibility, advantages and disadvantages.
- Increase citizens security with a non-invasive surveillance robot.
- Install surveillance systems where there are currently none.
- Detect issues that aren’t monitored.
- Facilitate 24h surveillance.
- Encourage entrepreneurship in Québec’s region by demonstrating the interesting challenges of a startup.
- Make local partnerships beneficial to the local economy.
- Reducing disputes and assurance reclamations could contribute to the economy.
- Because of the sensors’ mobility, the fleet will allow collecting data with a better spatial resolution than with a static sensors network.
- Creation of an autonomous and precise cartography system.