Urban Security and Living Together
Administrative Management Dashboard
Human and financial resources management within the SPVQ (Quebec City Police Service) can represent a challenge since it involves reporting to two different agencies (the SPVQ and City officials). Managers must be able to monitor and explain any variations. The lack of a key administrative tool entails additional work for managers to accomplish this task. This project aims to develop a tool to support managers with follow-ups and reports regarding human and financial resources in the form of an administrative management dashboard.
- Improving resource management in police departments.
- Enabling managers to better monitor resources for a more proactive management.
- Offering managers tools that will allow them to efficiently deploy resources over a one-year period.
- Providing managers at the SPVQ with a tool for an easier and more effective resources management.
- Reducing costs and time spent on data entry in the various systems.
- Facilitating the production of reports for the SPVQ and the City officials.
- Developing indicators for monitoring financial and human resources in a police department.
- Developing a dashboard interface system for fast and efficient monitoring based on user-centered design principles.